BMW INPA/Ediabas OBD & ADS Interface
Top 3 Reasons to Get BMW INPA/Ediabas OBD & ADS Interface
1. Support full diagnostic of all BMW with OBD1 20pin connectors as well as 16pin OBD2 Connectors
2. Works with INPA, SSS, Progman and other Ediabas Handler based Software.
3. Cheap and High Quality
- Read & erase errors
- And others...
- Connects to RS232 (COM Port) by a 1:1 male to female extension cable (NOT included)
- Status LEDs for mode and Ignition status
- Electronic mode selection OBD2 or ADS mode by push buttons
- Double K-Line support by two freescale semi MC33290 K-Line Drivers and PLD
- Battery voltage detection by RS232 control line (See Screenshot)
- Ignition voltage detection by RS232 control line (See Screenshot)
1pc x INPA / Ediabas OBD & ADS RS232 Interface
1pc x BMW 20pin OBD1 to OBD2 Female Adapter Cable
Q: How does this Interface work?
A: It can be setup as STD:OBD2 Interface in OBD2 mode or as ADS in ADS mode.
Q: I have seen other auctions from other vendors for a higher / lower price, what's the difference ?
A: Usually the price and the quality - Since our Interfaces are assembled and tested to the highest quality standards, It's up to you (the customer) to compare price, product and terms and make your decision according to that.
Q: I have an older BMW that have an 20pin OBD1 connector under the hood, is that the right interface for it?
A: Yes, this Interface is the perfect choice for 20pin OBD1 vehicles - only with this interface all modules are accessible in certain 20pin OBD1 vehicles.
Q: I have an newer BMW that have an 16pin OBD2 plug inside the vehicle compartment, is that the right Interface for it?
A: As long as that BMW does not require DCAN yet you can use this Interface in OBD2 mode and it will cover all functions, however we also have to be honest and tell you that there is a cheaper alternative - the simple Interface we offer for 29USD in another auction can do the same job on such vehicles.
Q: Can't I simply use the cheaper OBD2 interface sold by you and many other sellers together with some adapter cable for my 20pin OBD1 vehicle?
A: You can, however if your 20pin OBD1 vehicle requires real ADS mode not all modules will be accessible.
Q: How do I know if my 20pin OBD1 vehicle requires an real ADS Interface?
A: Check the 20pin OBD1 connector under the hood of your vehicle, if pin15 is installed you will need an real ADS Interface to access all modules. ( For more information about this please scroll down to "Choosing the right Interface" )